Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Finishing!

Today is a good day.  I finished something last night, just in time to show it off at knitting group today.  It makes me happy.  Here it is:

It's a baby blanket for someone I work with.  She's having a boy in October, so I got it done in time!  It's entrelac done in garter stitch.  The yarn is a variegated 80% acrylic 20% wool.  It went through the washer and dryer flawlessly and feels soft in the nice way that wool can feel soft.  I'm very happy with this yarn.  It is lying on top of a twin size bed, to give you an idea of size.  Large for a baby blanket, I guess, but several mothers have told me it will be marvelous as a blanket to spread out on the floor and put the baby on with room for a little squiggling around.  Works for me!  I can tell you that the worsted yarn in garter stitch is nice and warm, also good for winter.  I'm glad the weather cooled off as the blanket got larger -- holding it on my lap to work on it in warm weather was a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment