Saturday, May 26, 2012

Blacksmith Days

So here's what I did last weekend.  Peter and I went to Blacksmith Days down at the Farm Museum.  My fiber group does a weaving demo there every year.  This year the lady who normally leads the group could not be there, so I volunteered to head up the weaving demo, having done a little weaving myself.  The spinners prepared the yarn from the Jacob fleece Ralene gave us last summer, and I chose a pattern and planned the piece.  A couple of other weavers in the group helped warp the loom.  Over the weekend, I was the only weaver who actually made it to the event, so I sat in the log schoolhouse and wove the 6' long shawl.  Here it is:


(It got a little wrinkled in the car coming home.)  It was a LOT of weaving for one weekend, and I still have to finish off the ends (a medium length fringe, I think), but I'm quite proud of it!  It feels like a real accomplishment to have done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment