Friday, December 4, 2009

Prayer in the Schools

Last day of classes here at the College. Everyone is too busy to call in with computer problems unless it's a total melt-down. So I'm sitting next to my very quiet phone, knowing that if it does ring, it will be someone in a total panic. I pray a lot at this point in the semester. Here in I.T., we're all just hoping we can get through finals next week without having to deal with that student who just lost their senior thesis, doesn't have backups, and it's due in 5 minutes, no extensions. That's the one I really dread. If I could just say two words to every computer user in the world, they would be: back up!

I'm rambling because I haven't gotten much knitting done this week, so nothing new to report. On Wednesday I went to the last meeting of the College knitting group for the semester. But the one December Bio graduate was doing her senior poster presentation in our knitting space. She's a groupie to the knitting group, she's fun and we're all going to miss her terribly. So I hung around and learned a lot about daddy longlegs spiders. Including that they don't have teeth, even though I clearly remember being bitten by one as a kid. Oh, well, it wasn't radioactive, so I'm okay.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your school semester or quarter? 'Cause you're finishing awfully early and I'm a little jealous. Kids here at LFC are done next Wednesday and I am done by Tuesday if I can finish my take home final by then or Thursday at the latest. I knit the thumb on one of my mittens a few days ago but I did it with the wrong size needles so I need to frog it. Hoping to find some instructions for kitchner stitch in my library so that I can do it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are on semesters. We start the last week of August. I think our end of semester is a little more compressed. We don't have any reading days. Classes end on a Friday, then the following week is finals, then we're done. Maybe that's the difference.

    ReplyDelete