Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Going in Circles

Finally went to the Westminster library last weekend and checked out their knitting books.  This was prompted by the recent trip to the knitting shop with my gift certificate.  When we walked into the shop, my eyeballs were positively grabbed by a sample project hanging up there.  If you're on Ravelry, go there and look for the Circle Vest from a book called Silk Knits.  It's a big circle with armholes knit with Noro Silk Garden yarns.  Striking, fun, and relatively easy.  All good things.

Well, I had 3 skeins of Noro at home that were given to me as a going away gift when I left Chicagoland, and with my gift certificate I could buy the other 3 skeins the vest would need, but the pattern was not available online or in the shop.  So, off to the library.

What a nice selection of knitting books our library has!  I may never have to by another pattern.  They had the book I wanted, and I could check it out and take it home.  Ideal!  With the book due back in 3 weeks, I had the perfect excuse to start yet another project. 

I'm now into the third skein, so between 1/3 and 1/2 finished.  I've got the pattern down, so no worries about having to return the book.  Life is good.  I just got past the armholes, so it's about time to move it from the needles to a string and try it on to make sure the size is okay.  It's easy to change if I haven't gotten it quite right.  I am loving this!

I definitely have to bring this out to show off at the upcoming North Shore Knitting Weekend (the follow-on to last spring's Bell/Lambert Knitting Week).  I am soooooooo excited!  Can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment