Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rip it

Last night was a frogging night.  I knit up a good 6 inches on the sleeves of the Suede sweater, then got a nagging suspicion that I was not increasing fast enough to taper the sleeves up.  Although I was mightily tempted to just continue on and hope for the best, in my heart of hearts I knew this was the old me talking, the one who never made a sweater that fit in her life.  Firm in my resolution not to be that knitter any more, I put one of the sleeves on a string, took it off the needles, and tried it on.  Sure enough, halfway from the wrist to the elbow it became totally snug.  Not large enough.

So, I ripped it back.  Not all the way, the first 3 inches or so were okay,  but I ripped out all I had done last night.  It hurt.  But I keep thinking of how good it will feel when I finish the sweater and it fits.  Patience, knitters, patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment