Friday, January 15, 2010

Over it

Yay -- more company! I have just lined up a visit in March by the famous Kate for whom this blog was started. She's coming for a week. I'm psyched. Time to make a list of yarn shops to visit.

The weather here has turned mild. The dog is going berserk because the bunnies have been sighted in the backyard, and the rest of us aren't far behind. I think all of you who read this either live or have lived in Chicagoland (what do they think it is, Disneyland?), so you understand how glorious it can be to go from highs in the 20's to highs in the 40's. I feel reborn.

I'm wearing my greywork socks today for the first time. I really need to get some pictures up on this blog. Anyway, these are the socks I spent 7 months knitting fancy patterns into, only to have my mother point out that it's all on the foot, so who's going to see it? Well, with the warmer weather, I'm wearing my slip-on shoes, and every time I look down I'm seeing a flash of that natty pattern on the foot and the two Fair Isle bands on the ankle. I am loving it. So guess what, it works! Yay again!

No comments:

Post a Comment